Thursday, July 28, 2011

Old School Summer

We have no swimming pool.  There are millions of families just like my little circus who are pool-less.  And we all survive the summer just fine.

But this no pool situation has been a sore spot for my munchkins at times.  They are hot.  And sweaty.  And they just want to swim.

They need to cool off.  And an inflatable pool gets old fast.

And so last summer I had to get creative.  Mama had to work her magic.

With a twist on the inflatable pool our yard became cool again.  And my munchkins love "cool".


For now I'm grateful that my munchkins are being forced.to experience summer old school style.  It may not be by choice, but it's an adventure to be had.

Happy "Old School Summer" to all my fellow pool-less pals!

Mommyhood Footnote:  I am eternally grateful to all my pool owning pals who invite us to swim, and have my children to play.  You are generous, patient souls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!