Monday, July 4, 2011

Quick and Easy July 4th Dessert: Angel Food Cake

Today is BBQ city.  If you're not having one, you're going to one.

And if you're not having one or going to one you went to one yesterday.

And that would make today your low key July 4th at home.

Regardless of your July 4th agenda, desserts should be enjoyed.  Boring, bland diets do not resume until after the holiday weekend.

And today, in honor of everyone's last minute, "what should we bring to the BBQ??!" predicament, I am sharing a super easy bring along dessert.

I am also breaking my fruit doesn't belong in desserts rule.

I am breaking my rule because this dessert is divinely light and summery.  It is my mother's creation and it is worth sharing.

And it is red, white and blue.

My mother has been on an Angel Food Cake kick for a few weeks.  Here's a quick Mommyhood news flash:

Angel Food is heavenly.

It's also easy on the hips but just as delish on the lips.

Pair this cake with whipped topping, blueberries and strawberries and you have an impressive dessert.

An impressive FESTIVE dessert.

Boxed mix can be prepared in minutes, or save yourself the trouble and buy one for less than $5.00 in the bakery department at your grocery store.

Just do me a favor and place the store bought version on a fashionable plate.  I love easy but I do believe in appearances when dessert is concerned.

Bring along the whipped topping and a container of strawberries and blueberries.

And then sit back and watch everyone dive in at lightening speed.

Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!