Thursday, July 7, 2011

R.I.P. Precious Little Girl

I usually avoid news related topics on my blog.  I am non-confrontational.  I keep it light and fun.

Everyone has an opinion, and sometimes my opinion will differ.  That's how life works.  How the cookie crumbles.

Differing opinions doesn't mean one person is better.  Or that one person is more genuine.  It just means life has taught us different lessons.

With that said, I am a Mommy.  And I felt the need to post about the Casey Anthony case.

Being a mother is a privilege, and it is a privilege that I feel Casey did not deserve.  Is she a murderer?  I don't know.  But I do know her lies and her behavior after the disappearance of Caylee was not that of a mother.

And now I am disheartened because the verdict in this case leaves us with no explanation for what happened. 

The end of Caylee's life was untimely and unnecessary.  And heartbreaking.

That little girl deserved more than a media circus.  She deserved more than to be discarded in a bag, left unclaimed.  To see a life that should be cherished treated in such a disgusting manner is heartbreaking.

While we don't know what happened to Caylee, someone does. 

There is so much about Caylee's disappearance and this case that crushes me.  But this post could go on for hours if I opened those floodgates.

I will keep the floodgates closed, and simply say I wish there was an answer.  Some sort of justice for Caylee.  I wish this, like so many other cases that never come to light, could somehow make sense.

But they never will make sense. 

R.I.P. your precious little girl.



4 comments:

  1. Jodie, I am right there with you. And to see Casey Anthony smiling in court, when still her daughter is dead makes me sad, and angry and sick to my stomach. I hope that someday we will all get the answers that we hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you whole hearteldly. As a mother I too feel so much for this little girl and only hope that where she is now she is at peace. Thanks for posting! I think us mothers need to unite and stand up for the ones who have no voice :) Thank you for giving little Caylee a voice.

    ~Karlene~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way. It breaks my heart. That poor baby never had a chance with a mother like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very heartbreaking! Caylee is now in the arms of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!