Friday, August 5, 2011

5 ? Friday!

Ah Friday.  This weekend is much needed and I am looking forward to it greatly.  
 
With so much on the agenda today I am diving into Mama M's 5 ? Friday.  The suspense is killin' me...
 
1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them?
 
Oh Nellie do I have siblings.  I have four brothers and one sister.  And we have a very strange closeness.  

It's most likely because we are all strange.
 
I have a brother who is 16 months older than me.  We were in the same group of friends in high school.  He even married my best friend.  

And my two younger brothers are two of my most favorite people in the world.  

My sister is 8 years younger than me.  When I finally acknowledged her existence about ten years ago we became extremely close.  

And she is a phenomenal aunt to my munchkins.

And my oldest brother had the job of threatening to beat up everyone who dated or bothered his younger siblings.  
 
Even though we all knew he never would.

My parents did it right.  They raised us in a house that we wanted to be in.  Our friends wanted to be there too.  
 
And we still want to be in their house.  

This keeps us very close.  Eerily close. And I'm so grateful for it.

2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight?

Underweight.  Always.
 
I have an obsession with staying my size.  I struggled with eating disorders in my other life (aka before munchkins) and the mindset never leaves.
 
Never ever leaves.    

Struggles are gone.  But when pants get tight I run an extra mile. 

Its good and bad.  But it keeps me fit.  And it keeps the mind clear.

3. What's your favorite State Fair food to splurge on?

The Renaissance Faire in New York State.  My family goes every year.  
 
We dress like Renaissance people and waste lots of money on games, beer and food. 

The men love this day.  It's like Christmas.  They get to eat Turkey Legs and act like neanderthals. 

Usually by the end of the day the munchkins are exhausted and ready to leave and Hubby is still throwing Chinese Stars.  Or Knives.  Or shooting arrows.
I then threaten to leave him there and he catches me in the parking lot.

Its always a good time.

4. What are your thoughts on your kid(s) going to school in a few weeks?

Sadness.  Summer is slipping away from me.  I will soon have to be responsible and make sure I have food in the house to pack a lunch.

I will have to check backpacks and make sure the munchkins get to bed.  

I will have to make sure their nails are clipped and hair is brushed.
 
I will have to unpack lunches and set out clothes that match.

Please make it stop!  I can't deal just yet.
 
5. Pool or Ocean?
 
Both.  
 
Because both mean it is sunny and warm.  I guess if I had to choose I would say ocean.  

But in a perfect world it would a pool by the ocean. 

 
Random Picture from my hard drive:
My cherished family a few years ago at the Renaissance Faire.
 
Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower through 5 Question Friday. I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!