Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to School Organization

We have a very short three weeks until the school bus once again rolls up at 8:35am.  We will be ready and waiting, smiles big and bright.

New shoes will be clean, clothes will be crisp and unwrinkled.  Lunches will be bursting with wholesome sandwiches and homemade goodies.

I save all the "hurry! hurry!" frenzy for the second day of school and every day thereafter.

I have begun my back to school organizing, starting with the entryway.  We spend much time in this very area waiting for the bus to appear down the road.

And so last year I had Hubby hang lovely hooks at munchkin level.  Each munchkin has two hooks, one for jacket and one for backpack.

This has been a HUGE floor de-cluttering help.

This year I have added an old piece of furniture my parents were discarding.  It is a small bench, perfect to rest packed lunches or to sit and put on shoes.

A clean, organized entry keeps me sane.  It keeps the mind working.  Nothing throws me into a tailspin like clutter and mess everywhere.


And there is enough I can't control to send me into a tailspin.  Clutter will never win in this house.

I am now off to spend what is left of my pay from Sunday on lunchboxes and folders. 

Happy back to school prep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!