Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Easy Brownie Cookie Bar Dessert

Yesterday I made brownies.  I made them extra rich.

I accomplished this by adding a mixture of 24 crushed Chips Ahoy cookies and a stick of melted butter to the mix. 

Sometimes I just like to try things.

I smashed the cookies to smithereens in a zip lock bag and poured them into a bowl with the melted butter.  I pressed this mixture into the bottom of my greased 9x13 pan.

I made boxed brownie mix, always adding a squeeze of Hershey's syrup to the mix.  I poured this on top of the crushed cookie base.

The result was an extra rich, extra delish brownie bar.  The cookies baked in and only a small trace of them remained.

While still warm, I served these to my munchkins.  Naturally I jazzed them up with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and topped with whipped cream.  They were delighted.

After the kitchen was quiet again, I served myself one as well.
I was delighted. 

And as I devoured my mid-afternoon snack, I realized it was an easy and elegant dessert for company.  No fuss needed for this one.

Happy Hump Day! (giggle giggle)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!