Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Easy Cinnamon Bread

These past few weeks I've occasionally strayed from my standard breakfast offerings.

Instead of Eggo's or homemade pancakes I made cinnamon rolls.  The Pillsbury kind.

My munchkins LOVE cinnamon rolls.  If you have blood in your veins and taste buds on your tongue you love cinnamon rolls.  If you don't love cinnamon rolls we probably can't be friends.

This morning I was feeling a tad adventurous and I decided to make cinnamon bread.  I made it out of the packaged cinnamon rolls.

Honesty is the best policy.

I will spare you the suspense.  The bread was fabulous. Gooey.  Delish.  It was much like monkey bread.

This bread would make an extremely easy breakfast bread for company.  The house smells fab, the bread is gorgeous, and with a butter knife you can easily break off chunks of gooey goodness.

Keep a package of Pillsbury Rolls handy for a quick cinnamon bread breakfast of champions. 

Easy Cinnamon Bread
(serves 4)
You will need:
One package Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
Greased Bread Pan (9")
Hungry munchkins or adults

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease pan.

Cut rolls in half and arrange in greased pan.

Bake for 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and cover with foil.  Bake an additional 5 minutes.

Let stand one minute, remove carefully from pan and turn right side up on decorative plate.  Or just use a paper plate.  I'm not judging.

Spread icing generously over bread.  Let it melt and drizzle over the sides.

Place in the middle of the table for everyone to admire. 
Devour.


HaPpY TuEsDaY!

Mommyhood Footnote:  For more than four adults, I would recommend using two packages of cinnamon rolls and one bread pan.  Bake for 25 minutes, cover with foil and bake an additional 10.  Check center until baked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!