Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm Spent

It has been a strange few days.  We've been homebound, eating mucho and resting mega mucho.

Hubby couldn't get to work today.  Roads were closed.  They either collapsed, were covered in debris or still underwater.

Our schedules have been disrupted and the past few days are beginning to blend together in my memory.  It's quite strange.

And oddly tiring.

We've heard stories or families who were tragically hit by the flooding from Hurricane Irene.  We have friends and family still without power.

While we were blessed enough to have no damage to our home, others were not so lucky.

Millions were not so lucky.

And now our town begins to recover.  To rebuild.  To forge ahead to brighter tomorrows.  I'm looking forward to the end result, because it will be phenomenal.

I have no doubt that a year from now we'll be talking about how nasty Irene was.  And how the town has come back from her devastation.

I'm signing off, and leaving you with a picture of my girls.  This was taken Friday night, at the football program's bonfire to kickoff the season.
This picture reminds me of how blessed I am, and what is truly important.

Count your blessings this Tuesday, and have a happy one.

Mommyhood Footnote:  All my loyal readers know I have a deep, sincere love for ice cream.  One of my favorite locations to spend my waitressing cash on ice cream was underwater yesterday.  Everyone in town is guilty of stopping there as much as possible before they close up for winter.

Weirs, I'll be waiting for you and your cookie dough balls next spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!