Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1st Day of School

Today was the 1st day of the new school year.  This day creates conflict inside of my mommybrain.  I am thrilled to have the house quiet once again, but I am sad my munchkins are growing older.

Every year they get on that bus a year older than the year before. 

It's positively devastating.

But then the bus pulls away and it's quiet. 

It's positively thrilling.

This day was no different.  The only change from previous years is that we had a two hour delay due to last week's hurricane.  Which meant a leisurely morning.  No rush to get ready.

There were pancakes.
And then there were no more pancakes.
There were clean, smiling back to school munchkins.
Then the bus came and there were no more clean, smiling back to school munchkins.
The bus pulled away, and I walked into my peaceful house.  I stood and I looked at the Moopa.  She looked up at me and we shared a moment of "what do we do now?".  We haven't been faced with so much possibility in months.

I gathered some fruit snacks and a juice cup, and then I put her in the car.

And I went to the one place every mommy goes when they once again can shop in peace.
"Happy Back to School" to all the mommies and daddies out there!

2 comments:

  1. :) I love Target and wish there was one closer than 2 hours away from me! My son starts Preschool next Monday and the thought makes me want to vomit. How did I allow time to pass by so fast? School in the county I grew up in in upstate NY (Greene County) I heard has canceled the first week of school due to all the flooding. A 2 hour delay so your kiddos could have a leisurely morning and yummy breakfast must have been nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodie,

    I love your blog. I check in everyday. I feel your sentiments exactly today! My youngest (of 3) is starting Kindergarten this week and I'm so sad. I really missed my kids today which was kind of surprising to me! And by the way, I LOVE Target - especially when I can wander around it alone!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!