Saturday, September 24, 2011

Homemade Apple Oatmeal

Apples, apples, apples.

I still have enough apples left from our apple picking excursion for a few more recipes.  Until my kitchen is apple free I have decided to inundate my readers with apple anything.

How many times can I type apple in this post?   

I now present apple oatmeal.  A fabulous fall treat for hungry munchkins.  And hungry parents.  And hungry anyone.
 
Apple Oatmeal
Makes 1 cup (180 calories)

1/2 cup diced Golden Delicious Apple
1/3 cup each apple cider and water
1/3 cup quick cooking oats, uncooked
Dash cinnamon and nutmeg

Combine apples, cider, water and seasonings, bring to a boil.  Stir in oats and cook another minute.  Cover and let stand several minutes before inhaling.

Happy weekend everyone!  Go get yourself some apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!