Friday, September 9, 2011

Life is Complicated

Life is complicated.  And when you have a big family, it just gets more complicated.

One of the biggest challenges of having mucho munchkins is managing schedules.  There is never enough time for everything we want to accomplish. 

When Hubby arrived home from work today, I squeezed in a 3.5 mile run.  The rain has been relentless here and because of the flooding we had no school today. Needless to say hittin' the pavement for a run early morning has not been possible.

Alas, when I had a one hour window this afternoon I grabbed the bull by the horns.

After my run Hubby left for football.  He does this four nights a week.  He leaves at 5:30pm and they roll in about 8:30pm.

With Hubby on football duty, I tackle gymnastics duty. We must always divide and conquer.

Tonight I packed the little guys into our beast of a vehicle an hour early because there was basketball sign ups.

From basketball sign ups I brought my Gymnastics Queen to gymnastics.  The two smallest munchkins ran wild in the waiting area while I attempted to observe back-handspring progress.

After football, Hubby dropped our Sports Fanatic off with me at gymnastics.  He was meeting friends at a bar downtown to watch "the game".

But not before I made him stop at the store and buy butter. 

Tonight gymnastics was over at 8:30pm.  I immediately hit the drive thru and grabbed twenty McNuggets.  The three munchkins that can communicate were all crying there were starving.  And Mama was not fixin' food at 8:45pm.

We arrived home at 9pm and after showers, books and teeth brushing they are all in bed.  It's 9:35pm.

This is when I switch laundry, organize lunches, set out clothes and straighten the kitchen.

I then make my extra large ice cream with sprinkles and slip into a sugar coma.  I happily lay in bed, with sprinkles sprinkled across my jammies, and watch television.

It's heavenly.

And now, with a semi-detailed description of my "complicated" evening over, the freezer is callin' my name.

Happy Friday!  The weekend is always welcome here at Mommyhood.

4 comments:

  1. Jodie - I am pretty sure you're a superstar! I feel overwhelmed with one kid some days. I don't know how you manage it all and fit in a run. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers!!!! That's insane. I can't imagine what its gunna be like ashen the girls get older. Go mama!!!! And the ice cream in bed is the most important part!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my life last night except a) I ran the day before and b) my husband can't help (NOT won't just can't).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so sooooo glad to be back and reading your posts again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!