Over the weekend, our lazy dog was weakening. We assumed this downward spiral was due to her ingestion of a deceased small rodent last week.
Why dogs find those types of meals appealing I'll never know.
As our beloved pet worsened, we knew her condition was not "food poisoning". By Sunday evening she was barely walking.
Today at the vet I was told she is most likely paralyzed due to ruptured disks in her back. While I never thought this was even a possibility, it turns out in some breeds this is not uncommon.
The best we can hope for is to relieve the pain, and accommodate her with a "doggie wheelchair". We don't even want to think about the alternative just yet. We are confident we can get her well.
With some love, luck and blessings we hope to get her mobile again. If not with medicine with a wheelchair.
Looks like Santa's elves better get to work.