Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Why I Love Summer

Growing up, I had genuine love for autumn.  There was excitement in the start of school, and the changing leaves.  There was so much to look forward to...another school year full of possibilities.

While I still cherish fall, these days, it's the summertime I can't get enough of.  We can sleep in.  I don't need to make lunches or freak out about the school bus.  I don't have to dress my kids in five layers of clothes and try to squeeze them into their carseats.  The kids stay up late, and we indulge in movies and ice cream.  We don't care about clothes, keeping clean or what the weather will be.

We chill in whatever we feel like wearing.
We fly by the seat of our pants 75% of the summer.  The other 25% we don't even bother with pants.

Unless of course we have camp.  And then I spend my days cruising around in my mom mobile spending money in peace.

For all these reasons, I cherish my time in the summer sun.  I relish the peace that is summer mornings.  I just can't get enough of summer when it finally rolls around.

And thank heavens fall starts with football season.  It makes the changing seasons all that much more enjoyable.

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!