I'm not big on resolutions. I've made them before, and like everyone else they fade into the blur of my life. I last a few days, a few weeks, and before I know it I don't even remember to try and keep up with my resolutions.
I've never had much success promising to change myself. But I have had success promising myself I will do something.
In 2013, I'm not changing myself. I'm resolving to be myself. And here are 13 other things I will do in 2013.
2. Boogie Board at the beach.
3. Try a new recipe.
4. Take my kids sledding.
5. Run. I will run. Maybe the more appropriate word is jog.
6. I will pay all my bills on time. Even gymnastics. (sigh.)
7. Visit a museum.
8. Every time I'm given the opportunity, I will give to charity. Even if it's $1.00. I will give.
9. I will eat more fruit and vegetables. Not much, but more.
10. I will love more, and need less. I will listen more, and speak less.
11. I will teach my kids something new. I will also teach myself something new.
12. I will laugh. Every single day.
13. I will shop more downtown. I will support small merchants.
What are some of your 13 for 2013?