Monday, December 30, 2013

The 52 Week Savings Plan

I'm still cleaning up boxes and vacuuming Christmas tree needles, which is hindering my creative flow.  I've been struggling with sitting and blogging about anything truly helpful, because my mind can't keep a continuous string of thoughts.

I'm thinking this may also be because my munchkins are on Christmas break.  They have a knack for preoccupying  my time and my thoughts and my energy. 

I did, however, find a very interesting saving plan on Pinterest that was right up my alley.  With the New Year approaching, and resolutions around the bend, this plan screamed "Share me! Share me!"

And so I'm sharing.

This savings plan claims that if you save $1 week one, $2 week two, $3 week three and continue like this for 52 weeks, you will have saved over $1000 by the end of the year.  I haven't sat down to actually figure this out, but the chart is pretty official.
I would love to credit this plan to its owner but there is no actual site linked to the pin. 

I'm thinking this kind of plan is great to save for holiday shopping, vacations, braces for the kids, updates on the house...or maybe you just want to actually SAVE.

Interesting concept, but I hear it works and gives you piece of mind.  *wink*

Have a fabulous Monday, stay warm and enjoy the lazy days with all the kiddos home driving you mad.  They days are long but man the years fly by.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm may have to try this :D Could be useful next fall when meet fees roll around again LOL

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!