Friday, January 31, 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix

Happy Friday! With the Superbowl fast approaching, I'm sharing my latest addiction.  They are made with Rice Chex, cinnamon chips, powdered sugar, cinnamon and granulated sugar.  In other words, they are tiny pieces of heaven.

The best part?  They can be made in about three minutes, which is perfect for those "oh my gosh we're leaving in twenty minutes and I don't have anything to bring!!" moments.

Happens to me all the friggin' time.

I'm thinking these are a fabulous snacking food for the big game this Sunday.  I'm usually more of a salty snack girl when football is on, but I'll make an exception for anything made from cinnamon and sugar.

1 box Rice Chex (or approximately 10 cups)
1 bag cinnamon chips (I found a bag at my grocery store in the baking aisle by the chocolate chips)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Pour Rice Chex into a large bowl, combine sugars in a separate smaller bowl. Melt cinnamon chips in a glass bowl in the microwave on high, in fifteen second intervals.  DO NOT OVERHEAT.  Stir after each interval and chips are ready when they stir smooth.  If you overheat they will be thick and tough to pour (you can still use them but the chex won't be as evenly covered.)

Pour melted cinnamon chips over cereal, add sugar and toss well.  You may want to add some cinnamon, toss, add sugars toss and then repeat. 

Allow to set and store in an airtight container.  Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!