Thursday, February 27, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes


Is March here yet?  It's still 20 degrees below normal over here, but the sun is shining which is the only reason I'm remaining sane as I wait for Spring.  My son's baseball coach called last night asking for a number and shirt size, which was a sign that baseball season is, in fact, approaching.  Hallelujah!  We're officially in the home stretch of Winter.  One more month and we shouldn't see any more snow falling outside the windows.

"Shouldn't" being the key word in that sentence.

Enough winter gloom, onto more important matters.  These little guys are perfect for St. Patrick's Day.  I'm reposting them because they are easy and have just enough "wow" to make them special.

St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Cupcakes

One box white cake mix, prepared
One container vanilla icing
Assorted food coloring (I used red, blue, green)
Cupcake liners
Green sugar for decorating

Prepare cupcake mix.  Separate batter evenly into four small bowls.  Using food coloring, tint batter in 3 of the bowls, each a different color.  Leave one bowl with the plain batter.

Spoon the batter into cupcake liners, alternating colors.  I find they look best when you finish with the standard un-tinted cupcake batter on top.

Bake as directed.  I bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  Cool.

Frost generously with icing.  I tinted mine green and rolled edges on green decorator sugars.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!