Thursday, March 13, 2014

Easter! (recipes, egg hunts and more)

I know we haven't reached St. Patrick's Day, and I don't want to rush anyone into the month of April.  Well, maybe I do.  I'm so over all this winter nonsense. Easter is approaching, and I'm thrilled.  Along with Easter comes Spring, flowers and sunshine instead of snow.

The Earth comes alive after a long, steady slumber.

In this post, I've collected all my Easter posts and favorites.  All of my readers know I prefer easy and fun, I'm not a fan of twenty step cakes or traditions that send people to fifteen different stores to prepare.  Once in a great while it's nifty to try something intricate or high maintenance, but real life often gets in the way of anything that takes up too much mommy time.

I'm also too in love with sleep to stay up all hours of the night frosting cakes.

(super for school, playdates or family gathering with plenty of cousins)


(easy, festive and a great grab and nibble dessert)


(fancy cake balls. That's all.)


(never give a boring basket again!)


(stop with the jelly beans already!)


(I love to make the kids wear these while hunting for eggs)


(my favorite Easter tradition)


Have an recipes/tips/traditions you care to share? I'd love to hear them! 

Happy Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. :) I love Easter. The only jelly beans we have in this house are the ones used to make a trail from their bedrooms to their Easter baskets! We love to put money and tattoos in Easter eggs. I'll have to check out your list! This year we are getting the kids an easy to pull/non tipping wheelbarrow and some kid sized mucking rakes so they can take on the task of scooping horse poop....you know, because the weather will be nicer and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I am just so excited for Easter Sunday and believe me, I already have 30 of Easter menu idea from breakfast to lunch and dinner. These are also fun and yummy looking Easter recipes, but I sure will check on this recipe you share. Please allow me to pin on my Pinterest board? Thanks dear!
    http://meowchie.snydle.com/easter-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!