Thursday, March 27, 2014

Krispy Fairy Wings


We're kind of into fairies around here.  My four year old daughter is a Tinkerbell fan, and Disney Junior has been including Disney Fairy movies quite often in the afternoon lineup.  Naturally, we're pretty stoked about The Pirate Fairy release on DVD and Blu-ray on April 1st.  What my little one doesn't know is that she'll have to wait until Easter to enjoy the movie.

 
That's the way the cookie crumbles around here.  
 
With Disney Fairies on the brain, and an afternoon at home to craft something delicious, I decided to make fairy wings out of Krispy Treats.  The fabulous thing about these goodies (other than they're easy and delicious) is that if you buy the packaged Krispy Treats you don't even have to make your own.
 
I made these from packaged treats.  I had them on hand and didn't feel the need to make the process longer than necessary.  
 
For the record, you may have to stipulate that you are making Fairy Wings.  The problem with wings and no fairy is the wings look like a butterfly.  
 
So say it loud and often, "Let's make fairy wings!"... "Look at these gorgeous fairy wings!"...
 
You get the idea.
 
To craft these tasty treats, either unwrap the krispies or cut your homemade krispies into rectangles.  You'll need to make the rectangles as close to the same size as possible.  
 
To shape the wings, you need two rectangles (one for each wing).  Take a sharp knife and trim two ends off of the same side diagonally, and cut a small triangle from the middle of the opposite side.  Since I know this make ZERO sense I attached an image:
From here, you'll need to attach the two wings with a glob of icing, and frost the wings.  If you have food coloring, tint the icing different colors.  From here I asked my daughter to join in, and she had a jolly time sprinkling the wings with different sprinkles and candies. 
 
These little desserts did not last more than a day in my house.  Once the older kids walked in the door from school they sniffed them right out.

*If you have a butterfly cookie cutter, and you made your own krispies, you can also just cut the shape from the krispie pan instead of attaching two wings.*

Share with me some great crafts and activities you do with your kids. I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

Throw in your two cents!