Monday, March 3, 2014

Oscar Love

While not everyone will agree (ever) on whether the Oscar host was entertaining, whether the show was a success or whether who won deserved the statue, I was pleasantly surprised with the show.

Before I begin, I'll share how I enjoy the Oscars.  It involves my bed, snacks and last night, beverages in the Lego Movie cup (courtesy of McDonald's Happy Meals).  Hollywood's biggest night has nothing on my mom sweats.

And now, on to the Oscar love I'm feeling this Monday morn.

I felt the speeches were inspiring, and with no recent election politics was absent.  Thanks the LORD. Nothing drives me batty like actors and actresses using an awards stage as a place to push politics. Watching a show like the Oscars is about celebrating art, and escaping into Hollywood.

If I want politics I can check Facebook.

Matthew McConaughey has long been a favorite actor of mine, and last night he may have become my favorite.  His laid back attitude and love for life and family is heartwarming.  "Alright, alright, alright..." just those words make me smile.  That man rocks and I'm thrilled he won an Oscar.  He is authentic and there is nothing more refreshing than to see someone authentic in Hollywood.

Jared Leto? Every mother in America sends you love.  We had chills when you told the story of a teenage mother who could.  

What a lesson for every mother in any situation.  Money makes things easy, but it doesn't raise kids.  Love and guidance, encouragement and acceptance...they are all in the recipe.  Thanks for reminding us all to keep encouraging those who might not be on the easy road.  

Lupita Nyong'o was a vision in her gown, and her speech was goose-bump worthy.  Yes! Yes! No matter where you are from, your dreams are vivid!  Do you hear that girls?  The world is full of possibilities!  And while you're climbing the ladder to success don't forget where you came from.

I could go on all day with everything I loved about last night's Oscars, but I have a tummy full of Denny's that needs to be burned off on the treadmill.  I'm guilty of inhaling pancakes drizzled with cinnamon and cream cheese glaze...and I may or may not have started picking up random leftovers after lunch and dipping them in the cinnamon cream cheese glaze.  

As Idina Menzel so eloquently sang last night, "Let it Go, Let it Go..." (wasn't that ah-mazing?!) It's time to let it go and hit that hamster wheel.

With this I say Happy Monday.  Back to real life people. 

2 comments:

  1. While I never watch the Oscars and last night was no exception, I just wanted to tell you that I have a lego cup too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about the only awards show I watch and I missed it last night! :( Got home from the meet after it started and was too tired to stay up lol

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!