Friday, April 11, 2014

The Final Kick in the Pants of 2013

I'm buried in tax return fun over here, and for the first time since the 1st year I was married we OWE the Internal Revenue Service.  It's just the final kick in the pants that is 2013. 

To move from New York to Pennsylvania we had to cash in retirement savings, because we were underwater on our house in New York (we bought at the height of the housing market in 2007).  Rather than lose thousands on our New York house, we found a fabulous renter.  And we bought another house in Pennsylvania. 

We're now landlords that live in our 401K.  Make sense?

Anyway, then Hubby lost his job we moved here for, and the bonus that was coming our way.  The bonus was going to put back retirement savings and blah, blah, blah....

To make a very long story short, the IRS doesn't care about any of this.  They just want their money.  I call this the final kick in the pants that is 2013.

This time next year, we should be paid up and continuing on with our journey that constantly brings surprises.  I'm so very thankful for all the blessings in my life, they make days like today not so bad.

I have what I need.  The rest is just fluff.  Happy Friday all, remember what's important this weekend.  If you're running to the post office on April 15th, I'm with ya. 

I really am.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!