Sunday, August 3, 2014

The "Kind of" Campers

This past weekend I went camping.  I use the term loosely because I was in a cabin.  I knew there was NO WAY I could sleep in a tent for two nights.  It wasn't happening with four kids, one being JUST five years old.

Our cabin had a small bunk bed, a futon and a loft.  We had electricity (thank you Lord).  We had zero indoor plumbing.  Needless to say the experience was interesting.  I brought the toddler potty I carry in my trunk for "pee emergencies" because I was not walking through the woods in the middle of the night to use the public restrooms.  The girls in our family used the toddler toilet and the boys used the woods.  

Boys have it so easy in that department.

We cooked over open fire and we spent the entire weekend outdoors.  The campsite had games and activities, and the kids ran wild from mini golf to the zipline to the playground.  Some of them swam in the pool and all of them frequented the arcade.  

I was extremely pleased with the campsite because everything was included.  This gave the older kids some freedom because they didn't need to ask for money every time they wanted to do an activity.

One of our friends rented a cabin with a full bathroom, and I must say without a shower I may not have survived.  We all stank like smoke and our feet were black.  

The good news is that we had a fabulous weekend with amazing friends.  The kids want to go again next summer, and I'll definitely spend the extra for the "indoor outhouse."  My oldest is requesting we purchase everything we need to make mountain pies because he's hooked.  Our first camping experience was a success, and I'm thrilled we tried something new.  

Life gets redundant if you're not careful.  I know from experience. 

Have a great week everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for camping with the kiddos! How fun. Sounds like you scored a great camping place. We totally roughed it, lol, and while it was fun and I do enjoy it.....I don't like to stink or feel greasy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!