Thursday, September 4, 2014

20 Minute Poppyseed Chicken

With school back in service and football season in full swing, I'm all about easy and quick dinners. Sometimes this involves pancakes, drive-thrus and grilled cheese.  I'm only human and kids need to eat.  If I happen to hit the store I always stock up on chicken cutlets, since I can make a variety of easy dinners with chicken.

Last night I made Poppyseed Chicken right on the stove.  It's too hot to turn on the oven, and we only had forty minutes until we had to get to football practice.  I dumped a can of Cream of Chicken Soup into a bowl, added 2 tablespoons Sherry (cooking wine) and cut my chicken into chunks.  Everything went on the stove over medium high heat.  

Toss in poppyseed and top with crumbled buttery crackers? 

The result was phenomenal.  If you need a quick, easy dinner this is your recipe.  

1-1.5 lbs chicken cutlets, breasts or tenders
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
2 tablespoons Sherry
1 tablespoon poppyseeds
1 sleeve butter crackers (such as Ritz)
2 tablespoons melted butter

Cut chicken into chunks.  Pour soup and Sherry into small bowl and mix.  On stove, heat pan (I used frying pan because I don't care what pan is for what as long as it cooks my food) over medium high heat.  Add chicken and soup mixture and cover.  Stir occasionally and heat until chicken is cooked through (about 15 minutes).  

In case there is any confusion about my method, chicken on stove should look like this:

Sprinkle poppyseeds over chicken mixture and stir.  

While cooking chicken crush 1 sleeve crackers.  Melt 2 tablespoons butter in microwave and add crushed crackers.  Mix well and sprinkle topping over chicken dish either on stove or as you serve.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!