Sunday, October 5, 2014

What I've Been Up To...

It's been awhile since I've posted.  Fall and everything that goes along with it has me extremely preoccupied. Along with football practices and games (x2) and gymnastics practices, homework, house cleaning and laundry I've started a new job.

Somehow, by the grace of God, I was offered a job in a school system.  I no longer have to worry about driving on snow days and working weekends.  I'm at work when the kids are in school and when there is no school I'm home.

I work three weeks in the summer, and a few days here and there that don't coincide with my kids' schedules.  But for school holidays, snow days and vacations I'm home.  I've been blessed immensely, because this is always what I've wanted as a parent.  There is nothing more important to me than being home for my kids, and working a job that suits our family.  

Along with starting a new gig we've been at football games and cursing common core homework.  I've been working on who is going to be what for Halloween and what my younger son wants for his birthday.  

And last night, we went to a wedding.

It was a-dor-a-able.  There is something very different about second marriages and weddings when the couple is a little older.  The entire evening was laid back and no fuss.  Everything was completely authentic to the bride and groom and their families.  The night involved dancing, homemade food and cowboy boots. Speeches by the bride's twelve year old son and self serve drinks.  There was nothing over the top, and to say the least everyone enjoyed themselves immensely.

And when the wedding was over?  We all helped the bride and groom clean up the wedding venue.  There is nothing like good friends.

Speaking of which, I had another set of good friends hold down the fort at my house.  Knowing my kids were taken care of while we were out made the night even more enjoyable. 

Cheers to good friends, and have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!