Monday, December 29, 2014

The Week Between Christmas and New Year's

This just may be one of my favorite weeks of the year.  The slow, recharge the batteries week in between Christmas and New Year's.  The gifts have been opened, there are leftovers in the fridge and the kids can sleep in.

Which means I can sleep in.

Christmas was a blessed day.  We stayed home, cleaned some mess and left some mess.  We ate, rested and opened toys.  I watched A Christmas Story at least ten times.  Maybe more.  I can't say enough about how much I enjoy our stay-at-home Christmas Day.  This is the second year we've stayed home all day on Christmas and it's marvelous.

This week, it's much of the same.  I've cleaned out closets, made bags for the Salvation Army and ate fifteen tons of chocolate.  My big kids are decked out in new clothes and trying new video games.  My youngest was in her pajamas all day.  She even wore them to drop my oldest off at basketball.  Her jacket was her Doc McStuffins robe.

All part of the magic of the week between Christmas and New Year's.  It's all about rest and enjoying family and friends.  There is no better way to end a year.  

And next week?  I'll be focusing on getting my schedule back on track.  But for now?  It's all about having no schedule and no where to be.

Heaven.  Wishing you much of the same.

Happy almost New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!