Thursday, January 15, 2015

3 Ingredient Turkey Meatballs

One of the very few bonuses to winter in my house is that my family actually gets home cooked meals.  Every year, from June through September, I go on a cooking hiatus.  I do this for two very good reasons:

1.  I refuse to stand in front of a hot stove without central air-conditioning.
2.  I love, love, LOVE to eat out in the summer.  I love to be out.  I love the sunshine and warmth and not having to put my kids in coats and armor to survive the sub-zero temperatures.

It's called "everyone get on your flip flops and get in the car."  Ah, heaven. 

This week, because it's winter and the house is freezing, I cooked up a house favorite.  These Turkey Meatballs make the cut because everyone eats them.  I have two kids who dip the plain meatballs in either barbeque or ketchup, and I have two kids who eat them jazzed up with sauce and mozzerella cheese.  All munchkins eat the warm rolls I add on the side.

And hubby?  He eats them as meatball subs.

Win-win-win.

And me?  I love them because they have only three ingredients.  Simple, easy and delicious.


1 lb ground turkey
Squeeze ketchup (about 2 tablespoons)
3/4 cup plain (or Italian) bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 400.  Spray baking dish with nonstick spray or drizzle olive oil on bottom and set aside.  Using hands, mix all three ingredients in a large bowl.  Shape turkey into 2" balls, and line in a baking dish.  Bake at 400 for 40 minutes until center is done.

Serve with red sauce, plain or make subs.  Add mozzerella cheese and warm rolls.  If you have salad mix serve with a salad.  The possibilities are endless.

Stay warm and remember...it's almost the weekend!


*a much loved repost*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!