Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Brown Sugar Coffee Cake

Lately I've been working and cleaning and tending to my four cherubs.  I love those little cherubs. They light my entire world. They also have baseball and gymnastics and homework and they need lunches packed and laundry washed.  I happily oblige, but I also look at my blog and it's been forever and a day since I've posted.

Gasp.

Today I'm providing a recipe re-post.  But it's worth it.

This cake is easy.  It is made with cake mix.  It is also nothing short of awesome.

Guaranteed.

Brown Sugar Coffee Cake

  • 1 (18.25 oz) box yellow cake mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 4 eggs
  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Icing:
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease bundt cake pan well and set aside. 

Blend cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil.  Mix well, on medium speed about 2 minutes.

Spread 1/2 batter into pan.

In small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.  Gently sprinkle over batter in pan.  Spread remaining cake mixture on top.

Bake for 30-35 minutes. 

Let cool 10 minutes, turn cake pan upside down and gently tap bottom to remove cake.  Prepare icing and pour over warm cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!