Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pulled Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches

I haven't blogged in 13 days.  I'm completely and totally engulfed in summer.  Swimming, camps, errands, naps and tons of time with family and friends.  It's fantastical.

With my brain on vacation, I'm providing a repost.  I'll get some originality back soon, I promise.

These barbeque chicken sandwiches are my "go-to" when I need something easy and delicious.  My kids devour them, and I have served them at picnics and cookouts.  They are a crowd pleaser, and they are prepared ahead of time in the crockpot so you can enjoy the party as well.

Win-win.


Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I highly recommend Sweet Baby Ray's)
  • 1/2 cup light Italian dressing
  • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (light brown works as well)
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Place chicken in slow cooker on high.  Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl and pour over chicken.  Cook 3 hours, and remove chicken.  Shred using fork, place back in slow cooker, turn to low, and cook another hour.

Serve on plump club rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!