Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Halloween Cupcakes


A few years ago, I made Halloween cupcakes using fondant. They were super cute, and the kids had a blast stamping the designs.  I had never used fondant before and it was certainly different.  While we weren't a huge fan of the taste (kind of like an airhead candy) we were fans of using it.  I decided to share this post because it's something the kids can do, and you can be as creative as you like with the decorating.

These cupcakes are a little time consuming, but easy.  You will need Halloween Stamps (mine are from the $1 Spot at Target), food coloring, a small paint brush and Fondant if you wish to embark on this cupcake making adventure.

Bake your cupcakes and let them cool. If you want a try a new recipe - this is my go-to

After your cupcakes have been baked and are heavily frosted (as I completely abhor a lightly frosted anything)  roll out the fondant.  I used a 1/4 measuring cup to cut the fondant into circles that would fit nicely on my over-frosted cupcakes.


With a small paint brush, I painted my Halloween Stamp with food coloring. This is a great job for the kids. 

After we stamped the fondant, I decided to get a little funky and paint around the stamp.  I carefully placed my masterpiece on top of one of the cupcakes. I love these cupcakes because they are different - and if you don't like the fondant you can peel it off and still enjoy the cupcake! 


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!