Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Skinny Mom Detox Water

I just posted yesterday how I'm not big on resolutions. Every day I go to bed and reevaluate how I did as a mom, friend, daughter and wife.  My radar isn't off 364 days of the year and then on New Year's Eve it turns on and scans through all the improvements I need to make.

Not how I roll.  Too much pressure. 

Even though I'm not a resolution gal, I do find myself exhausted and ready for healthier food in January. The holidays take their toll and post Christmas I take a good hard look at myself and I know it's time to crack down.  The pants are tight, the skin is dull.  I haven't exercised in months and I start to look ahead to spring.

Isn't that what winter is all about?  Magic and lights and wonderfulness all December and then January through April stinks worse than monkey farts.  True story.

I found this detox water on Skinny Mom, and I decided it was just what I needed.  I know I don't have the willpower to detox on raw food or juice for days.  But a water to cleanse the system and flush some of the December toxins?  Sign me up.

I whipped up a gallon of this today, and it was pleasantly refreshing.  I drank only this water from the time I woke up to late afternoon.  When I drank my first glass my rings were snug on my ring finger...you know that feeling?  A few hours later I had peed about 6 times and my rings could have slid off they were so loose.  

Even better?  I'm actually laying in bed craving more - which makes me excited to get up and detox again tomorrow.

When I find something I love I always share...I don't know Skinny Mom (although she seems pretty snazzy) or have any incentive to post this recipe.  I recommend discarding leftover and making fresh every morning. Skinny Mom has nifty pitchers with fruit on one side...I just make it all together and drink away.

  • ½ gallon spring water
  • ½ grapefruit, sliced
  • ½ cucumber, sliced
  • 2-3 mint leaves
  • ½ lemon, sliced
  • ½ lime, sliced

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!