Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Hello August...

Last week I was on vacation.  It was lovely in every sense of the word.  Time spent away from the hustle and bustle regular life brings is necessary.  We all need to rejuvenate and last week was my rejuvenation for the summer.  Even if I was doing laundry it wasn't the kind of laundry I despise.  It was beach laundry.  

Damp towels and sandy bathing suits. Smelly football gear and barely worn school clothes have a different vibe.

Now it's back to work. And back to the kind of laundry that doesn't suit me.


The alarm went off too quick Monday morning, and nights are quickly becoming more hectic as school looms ahead.  I'm already running the boys to football practice which is like a huge slap in the face.

How can we almost be in full blown football season?

While I adore the fall and all it brings...summer is definitely the speed I prefer.  It's taken me awhile to appreciate it, but as a thirty six year old mama of four I'm here.  I'm appreciating the break from lunches, homework and school anything.

Cheer to the last few weeks of summer sun.  Catch some fireflies. 

1 comment:

  1. The end to summer sure does bring a mix of emotions. Saddness that summer is ending with it's wonderful slower pace and excitement of a new school year and pumpkin flavored everything. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!