Thursday, September 8, 2016

Getting it Done

My goodness its been awhile.  I have never left my post for such a long period of time.  It was a much needed break that involved back to school, the start of football season, visits from family and much running in preparation for my upcoming half marathon.

It's safe to say I'm a busy mama. Four kids (all in sports), working full time and juggling playdates and school activities sucks up much of my schedule.  It's a fabulously exhausting existence that I wouldn't change for the world.  I don't like to offer up much in the ways of advice, because I certainly don't feel like an expert in any arena.

I'm a survivalist.  I do what needs to be done when it needs to be done.

End of story.

But the truth is, that is my secret.  I hear "how do you do it?" "I can't imagine having four kids..." and so on.  There is no trick, there is nothing that makes moms to large families different than moms to smaller families.  We are stretched for time, yes.  But we learn early to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done.

Do not push off the laundry.  Do not leave the dishwasher unloaded.  These tasks pile high at rapid rates with several kids.  If you leave it, it will multiply.  We have to get it done to stay above water.

Which creates a habit (for me anyway) of getting everything checked off my list as quickly and efficiently as possible. When I sort and deliver laundry, it gets put away.  When I come home for lunch, I sweep the floor and prep dinner.  I'm constantly thinking of what I can do to lighten my load for later in the day.

It's all about getting it done. 

And that's my two cents for the day.  I don't like anything hanging over my head.  It ruins my vibe.  When my "to do" list stretches past three or four lines I get anxiety.  I can't relax.  Staying on top of the pile is a better way to operate...no one wants to be buried underneath.

Happy Thursday Mamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!